- Here we are! Days 6-10 of gift giving.
I’m telling you, ABC Family has ruined the phrase “25 Days of Christmas” for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love it that they play Christmas movies for the entire month of December, but I cannot hear “25 Days of Christmas” without expecting something having to do with a Harry Potter Weekend or Harry Potter network television premiere to follow. Ah well.
I apologize for being MIA for basically all of December. It was busy. Very busy. But we’re back to the grind after traveling home to see family for the holidays. I wanted to make sure I finished posting about William’s 25 Christmas gifts so today we have days 6-10.
- Day 6: A Kitchen Sink! He was so confused by this gift. I found it at Next Adventure and it’s basically a collapsable kitchen sink for camping. I thought it was great. He was quite confused and humored (thus his face in the picture)
- Day 7: New undies! And yes, I made him pose in them.
- Day 8: A new bow tie! I love a man in a bow tie!
- Day 9: NIKE store gift card. I have no doubt he’ll have NO trouble finding something to spend that on.
- Day 10: This is Washington D.C. by M. Sasek. It’s not a holiday without an M. Sasek book for his collection.
**Please note his attire on day 10. This was the night of our Redneck Christmas party and he made himself a make-shift package by sewing a bow on his sweatshirt. Festive.
A few months ago I posted about the project that I was working on with the photos from mine and William’s trip to London with my parents. I didn’t want to print out a hundred pictures individually because it just seems wasteful. That said, I am very much a “tangible” person so I wanted to do something with the pictures other than have them sit in an album on Flickr and in my iPhoto. So, I am creating a photo book using iPhoto that will be bound with a hardback cover and so I’ll have all my photos in one place that I can show off whenever I like! Read more about my project here.
I also have commissioned my in house artist, Mr. Fancy Pants, to design a cover for the front of the book. He is almost done with the finished product! How talented is he?!
- This is the cover for the London photo book designed by Mr. Fancy Pants
This is way past the artistic ability that I have housed in my little brain so we’ll give credit where credit is due (ahem Mr. Fancy Pants), but the inspiration and concept behind his drawing was from one of his favorite illustrators M.Sasek and his book This is London.
This is London illustrated by M. Sasek
Miroslav Sasek was the Czech artist, illustrator and author of the This Is series of children’s books (which are amazing by the way). We have a little collection of these books and will always welcome more. They are beautiful to look at and are great inspiration for William.
This is London is the second This Is book and undoubtedly one of the best. Sasek concentrates on the things he likes best: people, costume, transport and local details that somehow come together to form a whole impression of the city that still seems quite accurate today. Here are some other covers from his collection that are equally as beautiful.
This is Edinburgh illustrated by M. Sasek
This is Venice illustrated by M. Sasek
This is Texas illustrated by M. Sasek